Thirassia day trip from Santorini Highlights
- Unearth the desolate beauty of an uncrowded isle with the Thirassia day trip from Santorini.
- Admire pristine-water beaches and blooming flowers decorating local houses as you walk towards each attraction.
- Hike along out-of-this-world scenery and delight in a full Greek lunch to refuel your energy.
- Leave no stone unturned with one of the most scenic and exploratory tours in Santorini.
Thirassia day trip from Santorini Itinerary
Start the Thirassia Day Trip from Santorini
Thirassia is a 20-minute boat ride from Ammoudi port beneath Oia. Hop on board and enjoy a ride on the Aegean waters as you reach the small isle of Thirassia. As you approach the island, it can be difficult to believe that it used to be attached to Santorini in the ancient years.
Discover Manolas Village
Ascend to the striking village, the capital of Thirassia, and explore the colorful cubic houses around. Discover unique pictures of traditional life. The view from the top and along the way is overwhelmingly beautiful.
Explore Akrilia Village
Unlike any other settlement, the abandoned cave houses paint an unforgettable picture. Find traces of the village’s agricultural past. Explore the brightly-painted church and learn facts and figures of the local religious life.
Enjoy a Sea-view Lunch
After a full day’s walk, a freshly made meal in Riva port, north of the island, recharges your batteries. Pair it with some local wine as you watch the floating boats, which adds the perfect finishing touch to your tour in Santorini.
- Pick up / Drop off
- Knowledgeable and fun English-speaking local guide
- All transfers and the boat ride
- Refreshments and lunch including wine and water
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
Thirassia day trip from Santorini in Detail
Feel like you’ve traveled back in time several decades with the Thirassia day trip from Santorini. Count the 180 steps towards the pictorial village of Manolas, where rugged mountainous scenery veils over traditional white houses on one side and the vast blue sea spreads out to the other. Discover how Thirassia was separated thousands of years ago from the main island of Santorini by the volcano and all the elements that shape the local communities with stories from your knowledgeable guide. Find out more regarding the volcano in 1500 BC that changed everything in Santorini and shaped its current form.
Join one of the fascinating tours in Santorini among natural images and the small-town flow. Come across the abandoned cave houses in Akrilia and the featured blue dome church looming over the settlement like a sparkling jewel. Admire the black-pebble beach of Korfos, enveloped in wind-beaten hill slopes. Understand the local religious life and why there are over 20 churches on an islet so small in size. Savor a hearty meal and some full-flavored wine back at Thirassia’s port of Riva facing the Aegean.
- Pick up takes place up to 30 minutes before starting time
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunblock and bring good mood
- Due to the level of difficulty, the tour is not recommended for children under 10 years of age
- We follow Covid-19 health and safety measures